Mountain Rose Herbs

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Garden Fair

One of my greatest joys is gardening with my children. It is "Put'n Up Time" as we country folk say in the South. That means we are busy canning, drying, and preserving the harvest for winter meals. Today we started harvesting beans. Today's star was dragon tongue beans. They are easy to grow and are great solo or in soups and stews. Our southern garden loves them.
My little helpers !
My little man on a mission !
The Henny chicks getting there share !
You're the best human mom ever!
YUMMERZ !!

8 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I have been thinking of starting a vegetable garden, but haven't yet made it a reality--I'll be watching here for tips and ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 16 year old daughter is being homeschooled for the first time this year (her decision). She has decided to become a vegan and wants to start her own organic vegetable garden. I'll be looking forward to gaining wisdom from your experiences! Those beans look wonderful!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irena,
      Thank you for supporting your daughter and this new journey. She is blessed to have you. I have just completed my Vegan Mastery Program and am beginning a Clinical Nutrition Program. If I can be of help to you and your daugther contact me any time @ uwalburn@yahoo.com (email) or at my new Healthy and Wellness Business site Phoenix Rising Health and Wellness Services @ www.PhoenixRisingHealth.com (beginning Oct 1, 2012) Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Thanks to my husband gardening is a family moment. our garden is in transition thanks to weather &location. Enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to sharing your posts, Unita! Your photos are beautiful. I am off to subscribe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! Those beans look fantastic .... hugs and see you soon, Unita!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty beans - I wonder if my kids would eat them.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete