Mountain Rose Herbs

Friday, September 28, 2012

Quick & Easy Quesadillas V/GF/Kid Approved

Tonight we made quesadillas and they were a big hit. This is the perfect meal to get your kids involved. Tonight I served it with my emergancy quick guacamole and sliced fresh nectarines. We used a panini maker. INGREDIENTS: Blue corn tortilla (non-gmo), vegan chicken tenders cubed, Daiya cheese or vegan garlic and herb cream cheese, salsa or spaghetti sauce. Preheat panini maker and lay out ingredients.
Spray or butter both sides of two tortillas (outside side only). Lay tortilla on the panini surface. Then place desired ingredients on top.
Place second tortilla on top and close panini maker for 2-3 minutes. Remove, slice, and serve.
Quick Emergency Guacamole; 1 fresh avacado, 1 small jar of homemade or favorite store bought salsa, 2 cloves of garlic chopped. Mash the avacado. Combine all ingredients and serve. ENJOY !!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good. I've never tried a blue corn tortilla. I'd like to try something like this with Daiya cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice,
    We order our tortillas through the co-op I coordinate. I can never find them in stores. The kids love things that are neat colors. Daiya cheese is also their favorite. I prefer Galaxy vegan cheddar rice or mozarella blocks.
    Unita

    ReplyDelete