Mountain Rose Herbs

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Winterizing the Globe Artichoke

Four years ago I attended my first Heritage Harvest festival at Monticello and fell in love with the Jefferson gardens. Surprisingly, I saw globe artichokes growing. Something I thought could not grow in our Central Virginia region. This year I grew twenty from seed and transplanted five babies into the garden. They did well. Today I mulched them to get them ready for the winter. That is all you need to do for winter, pack them with a deep mulch if you plants are young like mine. If they are bigger you need to prune them back as well.
The kids had a ball today working in the garden practicing there pruning skills on trees.
The henny babies got there treat of all the remaining marigolds. YUM YUM !!

No comments:

Post a Comment